17 Jun Pleasures Forevermore (English)
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- You make known to me the path of life
- “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
- For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
2. In your presence there is fullness of joy;
Where is the fulness of joy shall be found?
In His Presence, not in His gift!
In His gift we will find a glimpse of His joy, but only in His Person we will find His Fulness of Joy.
Do you Love the Gifts or the Giver?
Jesus said in Matthew 6:21:
“Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
“If God is your gold, he will be your gladness.
If God is your treasure, he will be your pleasure.”
How to keep us alway in His presence?
2A. Enjoy The Person
- Rejoice in the Lord always. (Philippians 4:4)
- Delight yourself in the Lord. (Psalm 37:4)
- Be glad in the Lord. (Psalm 32:11)
2B. Enjoy the Savior
This is why Jesus died! In our selves, we are sinners and have no hope of everlasting joy in God. We can’t even get near him without being incinerated by his holiness. But God is utterly committed to being enjoyed forever by a redeemed people.
Therefore, the apostle Peter says (1 Peter 3:18):
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,
“Christ suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God.”
To God. To God! The Person.
“This is eternal life, that they know you [Father], the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent”.
What makes eternal life desirable is not just that it lasts forever, but that it is knowing and enjoying an infinitely satisfying PERSON, and who is also a Person who died for us (SAVIOR) so that they could be known and enjoyed.
2C. Enjoy His Gifts.
I said a moment ago that the enjoyment of God is the enjoyment of a Person, not the enjoyment of a thing, or an idea, or a pattern of actions. And yet that is how we come to know the Person: his actions, his ideas revealed in his word — things that he has made as pointers and foretastes of himself.
“The heart is not the organ of performance. It is the organ of preference”
Consider these Person-revealing actions.
“In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him”.
- At your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
3A. Right hand = (greek) yâmîyn; the right hand or side of a person.
Psalms 110:1-2, Sit at My Right Hand. A Psalm of David.
- The Lord says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”
- The Lord sends forth from Zionyour mighty scepter. Rule in the midst of your enemies!
3B. Pleasure = (Greek) nâ‘îym = delightful.
(objective or subjective, literal or figurative): pleasant, pleasure, sweet, lovely, beautiful (physical).
PSALM 23:1-6- The Lord Is My Shepherd – A Psalm of David.
- The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
- He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
3C. Forevermore = (Greek) neṣaḥ; netsach = properly, a goal.
(figuratively) = splendor, or (subjectively) truthfulness, or (objectively) confidence; but usually (adverbially), continually, alway(-s), constantly, never end, forever(more), perpetual.
- How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
- They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
Pleasure flowing like a river that shall never run dry
- Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again,
- but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
- Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb
- through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
- But you, O Lord, are enthroned forever; you are remembered throughout all generations.
- You will arise and have pity on Zion; it is the time to favor her; the appointed time has come. Amen.